Mrs Lemmer and AHS Alumna, Penny Heyns
Welcome to Amanzimtoti High School
Nurturing and inspiring individuals to achieve excellence.
Our easily accessible campus is located in safe surroundings offering an attractive setting including panoramic sea views. The school traditionally serves the area of Kingsburgh and Amanzimtoti.
Over the years we have focused on creating a caring, friendly environment that is intended to promote the development of the individual. As a small school with a caring staff we are able to get to know learners as individuals, not as numbers. With this approach we are able to identify each learner’s strengths early in their formative years and then provide guidance to enable them to proceed in the direction best suited to their affinities and aptitudes.
All learners, therefore, are given the opportunity to find their own niche and to excel in the field of their choice. Our school badge sums up our philosophy to education: a healthy balance between endeavour both inside and outside the classroom secure in the knowledge that nothing can be achieved without effort.
- We provide a secure environment for every learner.
- Passionate, purposeful, well qualified educators ensure a comprehensive education.
- We pride ourselves in instilling sound morals and values within a disciplined and nurturing environment.
- We encourage each learner to achieve their full potential, through recognition of their individuality and diversity.
- We encourage participation in sporting and cultural activities to develop teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Our learners graduate as independent, responsible and versatile individuals.
Nothing will come without labour
Never lose hope or waiver
Reach for the highest in all you do
Strive for the best, for what is fine and true
Persevere all your days
Be strong in your work and your ways
Nihil sine labore
Nihil sine labore
This is the motto of our school
Take it for life as a golden rule
(Words and music by Archie Mavrellis circa 1984)